When submitting tickets, if you have an error message, please try to include a screen shot of the error. This will help us in troubleshooting your issue. Below are the directions on using a built-in tool called “Snipping Tool” that will allow you to take pictures/clips of your screen and save them as images.
- In Windows 10, type in Snipping Tool in the search window next to the Windows button, or in Windows 7, click the Windows button and type Snipping Tool in the search window and press Enter
- Click on the New button. When the cross hairs appear, press and hold the left mouse button and use the cross hairs to drag a box around your screen clip. Release the mouse button when finihed.
- Your screen clip will appear in the Snipping Tool App.
- Click on the Floppy Disk Icon to save your picture
- When submitting a ticket, select attachments and select the picture you saved in step 4.
- This tool can also be used to insert pictures into emails, Word documents, PowerPoint documents, etc.
- If you have issue finding this tool, please submit a helpdesk ticket via the HelpDesk@SCTECH